Saturday, December 10, 2011

Devil's Food Cake..


Too much frosting!


I've always wanted to create the perfect chocolate cake my entire baking life. I've came across recipes of famous pastry chefs from different countries (from books) and little did I know that I would find it from one of our country's most popular and multi-awarded pastry chef, Chef Ernie Babaran.

It's only now that I realize it just takes a little bit of faith and perspective to achieve one's dream, based on a feature I read about Chef Ernie's very inspiring story. His Fundamentals of Pastry Arts class is the one thing I look forward to the most every week. It's amazing how you can learn so many things in a short period of time. It's truly an honor to be in the same kitchen as he is.

Devil's Food Cake is a moist, deep dark chocolate layer cake. Anyone with a chocolate addiction will surely be satisfied with its intense chocolate flavor. Of course, you're going to get it from the best brands of cocoa and chocolate compound. I used Valrhona with this cake and it was absolutely superb. There are also some ingredients I get to use for the first time and because of the awesomeness of this recipe, I'd sure still be making it in the future.

Recipe Link
Devil's Food Cake


2 comments:

The Pickiest Eater said...

Do you have cost na for this, KC? :D

KC Monteras said...

Hey Rich! Di ko pa sya nacost. just tell me if you're going to order. :)

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs