Thursday, July 8, 2010

Baby Shower Cupcakes

Last June 28, my friend Richie sent me a text message saying that he's going to hire me in baking cupcakes for a family member's baby shower. I excitedly accepted the order since I wasn't able to bake for awhile because of my husband's conditions (I'm not going to elaborate :D). Richie confirmed the order of 60 cupcakes in 3 flavors (Mocha, Chocolate and Butter). 2 days before the delivery date which is on July 3, I went to Sweetcraft in Boni Avenue for ingredients. Prices of ingredients are pretty high at the moment but it didn't matter since I am baking for a friend.


I started baking the next day at 11:00 AM. It was a little hard for me to bake and take care of my daughter Kursten at the same time. I have a small oven that can bake only 12 cupcakes at a time, I had 3 flavors to mix with just a hand mixer and a lot of baking utensils to wash. I usually wash my baking utensils right after using it because it makes me more comfortable since my kitchen is a little crowded. I had a little trouble with my chocolate cupcakes recipe that I can't figure out so I had no choice but to do it again. I finished frosting the cupcakes at 11:30 PM. I was so exhausted.


 
Been longing to grab one..



The next day, I was supposed to deliver the cupcakes to Tomas Morato, QC. but my Mom had to go to the hospital and nobody-else was available to take care of Kursten so I asked Richie to pick the cupcakes up instead. He came with his beautiful wife Rina at 3:00 PM.

2 days later, I uploaded some pictures of the cupcakes on Facebook and found a notification that Richie made a comment on my photo album which made everything worth it.
"FYI sold out cupcakes mo, and everyone found the designs so adorable! My nephew must've eaten 10 all by himself.. I had around 4 hehe"
I was so happy that all of my hard-work was paid off and I was able to make people happy with what I created. 

photo taken by Rina.. 

 I've came to the realization that my love for baking is unconditional. That it doesn't matter if I always get tired baking hundreds of cupcakes with just a hand mixer, that my oven can only bake 12 cupcakes at a time and that my kitchen is too small for home baking business. None of this matters to me. A little dramatic, but true. :D


0 comments:

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs