Thursday, July 29, 2010

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies.. Indeed..

I have this recipe for years and it has always been my family and friend's favorite. I got the recipe in a cookbook my friend Fleur Zara gave me titled 'Heavenly Chocolate Recipes' and since then, I held on to it. I've already tried other recipes but they didn't suit my taste.


Photo taken by Jobert Monteras

The moment my friend gave me the book, we tried the chocolatechip cookies recipe right away and we didn't expect it to be that good. It is crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside. The quick cooking oats gave it the perfect texture a chocolatechip cookie should have. You could even add nuts or substitute raisins to chocolate chips if you want to make it more healthy.

Every time I bake these babies, my daughter would get a chair, put it in the kitchen, check if it's already cooked from time to time and watch every movement I make. She can literally eat a handful of cookies fresh out of the oven. She is my biggest fan.

Here's the recipe and see for yourself.. :)

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 2 dozen

1/2 cup Butter (softened)
3/4 cup White Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tablespoon Water
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1/2 cups Quick Cooking Oats
6 ounces Chocolate Chips

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350'F.
  • In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugars, egg, water and vanilla and beat well. 
  • Add dry ingredients and mix well.
  • Add oats and chocolate chips and mix well.
  • Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking tray and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown. 

Note: If you want outstanding results, use the best brand of ingredients there is. :)


Best Chocolate Chip Cookies on FoodistaBest Chocolate Chip Cookies

0 comments:

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs