Thursday, September 2, 2010

Oreo Lovin'..


I tried this cheesecake recipe courtesy of my sister-in-law Alcee's Oreo Recipes Cookbook back in 2007. It's for my husband actually (as I've mentioned in my earlier post, I don't eat cheese..). I brought a few slices at work for them to try. My former Boss Dave Hukom said the gelatin was over powering so I took the liberty of changing the recipe a little bit. I don't have a nice camera that time and I refuse to use my camera phone because of poor quality so I just downloaded a photo from DeviantArt. I'm sure it's going to be awesome. :D


Easy Oreo Cheesecake Recipe

Serves 8 to 10 people

Ingredients:

1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) OREO Cookies, divided
1/4 cup  (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1/2 tsp. Knox Gelatin
3 tbsp. milk
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup  Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 cups whipping cream

Instructions:
  • Coarsely chop 15 cookies. 
  • Finely crush remaining cookies and mix with butter. 
  • Press onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. 
  • Refrigerate while preparing filling.
  • Beat whipping cream in a bowl with hand/stand mixer until soft peaks. 
  • In a small saucer, heat milk and gelatin in microwave oven for 15 seconds or until melted. 
  • Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and gelatin mixture in a large bowl until well blended. 
  • Gently fold in whipping cream and chopped cookies. 
  • Spoon over crust. 
  • Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.

Enjoy!

Kc's Oreo Cheesecake on FoodistaKc's Oreo Cheesecake

2 comments:

Alisa said...

This is my son's favorite.His aunt loves making it for him but I haven't tried making it from scratch.Thanks for sharing your recipe.I hope you could add a foodista widget to this so we could find your recent recipes.

KC Monteras said...

Your welcome Alisa. I've already attached the Foodista recipe widget. Thank you for checking it out. :D

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs